1. When to Apply:Jan- May
2. How to Apply: Applicants who have obtained the “Certificate of Jiangsu Government Scholarship” issued by Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education, are requested to apply directly at https://jiangnan.17gz.org/(Please be sure to upload the “Certificate of Jiangsu Government Scholarship”)
3. Scholarship Type
3.1 Agreement Scholarships
Scholarships provided for in the cooperation agreements between Jiangsu Provincial Government and its foreign counterparts (provinces or states) intended to serve China’s national interests and local economic development
3.1.1 Who Is Eligible to Apply:
1) Applicants in good health with good will towards China
2) Non-Chinese applicants born with the nationality of a foreign country from Chinese parent(s), permanent resident(s) of the country, need to be holders of a valid foreign passport or nationality document of No Less Than Four Years, with a residence record in their home country for two years or longer by April 30 of the year of school registration (as evidenced by the entry and exit stamp dates on their passport with an accumulated nine-month stay within a Year in their home country being regarded as one year of residence)
3) Bachelor degree program applicants need to be high school diploma holders aged between 18 and 30; Master degree program applicants need to be bachelor degree holders under 35; PhD program applicants need to be master degree holders under 40.
4) Two reference letters from professors or associate professors
5) A minimum of HSK Level 4 is needed for Chinese-taught programs while advanced English language proficiency as evidenced by a satisfactory and valid TOEFL or IELTS grade report is needed for English-taught programs.
6) Applicants need to be in good conduct without absence from class or any other violation of university regulations or Chinese laws and rules.
7) Applicants with outstanding and top-of-class academic performance
8) Non-holders of other full scholarships like Chinese Government Scholarship and Confucius Institute Scholarship
3.1.2 Financial Support Criteria:
l RMB 50,000/student/year for bachelor students for four years
l RMB70,000/student/year for master students for two to three years
3.1.3 Financial Support Coverage:
Tuition, accommodation, living subsidy (RMB15, 000/student/year for bachelor students; RMB25,000/student/year for master students) and insurance paid by the University
3.1.4 Scholarship Payment: monthly payment on a regular basis
3.1.5 Application Procedure:
Log onto Jiangnan University International Student Online Application system https://jiangnan.17gz.org/, click Application and then select Jiangsu Government Scholarship to complete online application and pay the application fee of RMB400 (non-refundable). For details，“Online Payment Instructions”
Online Payment Instructions.pdf
3.1.6 Application Documents
※ An electronic copy of passport photo page
※ A scan copy of notarized highest academic degree
※ A scan copy of notarized transcript for the highest academic degree
※ A scan copy of two reference letters (applicable to master degree program and PhD program applicants)
※ Language Proficiency Proof
※ Research proposal (No less than 1,500 words, applicable only to master degree program and PhD program applicants)
※ Physical examination record (within 6 months)
※ Professional works
※ Other supporting documents (including awards and attended conferences)
4. Application Result
Application result is available at Jiangnan University International Student Online
Application System https://jiangnan.17gz.org/
5. Friendly Reminder
l Scholarship winners are required to register on the prescribed date. Late arrival without prior approval automatically leads to program registration cancellation and disqualification for the scholarship.
l Scholarship winners are subject to annual scholarship audit. An unsatisfactory audit result leads to termination of and disqualification for the scholarship.
l Program of study and program length is not allowed to be changed in principle.