They are the full or partial scholarships offered through the education cooperation and exchange agreement or consensus reached between China and other governments, institutions, schools and international organizations. They are open to Bachelor, Master and PhD students,General Scholars(including Chinese Language Training) and Advanced Scholars.
1. When to Apply: Nov. 1 – Mar. 31
2. How to Apply:
Step 1:Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for Chinese Government Scholarship opportunity, and ask for the instructions information and Agency Number (The application deadline of each authority is different, and please apply as early as possible).
Step 2: Complete the online application procedure at https://jiangnan.17gz.org/. If the application materials meet the admission requirement of Jiangnan University, we will send Conditional Offer by email.
Step 3: Complete the online application procedure at Chinese Government Scholarship Information System for International Students https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login. Please consult the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for Agency Number.(Please select JIANGNAN UNIVERSITY as your FIRST OPTION).
Step 4: Submit all of your application documents to the dispatching authorities of your home country before the deadline (Please consult the dispatching authorities of your home country for the deadline).
3. Who Is Eligible to Apply:
1) Non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2) Age and Academic Requirements: bachelor degree program applicants need to be high school diploma holders under 25; master degree program applicants need to be bachelor degree holders under 35; PhD program applicants need to be master degree holders under 40; general scholar program applicants need to be high school diploma holders under 45; advanced scholar program applicants need to be master degree (or above) holders or an associate professor under 50.
4. Programs Available
1）All programs of Jiangnan University are available to apply. Please check out:
2）Undergraduate programs are Chinese taught. Graduate and non-degree programs are usually in Chinese; some majors are English taught programs. Please check out:
Food Science & Engineering, Biotechnology, Fermentation Engineering, Microbiology, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Textile Science & Engineering, Design, Computer Science & Technology, Business Administration, Chemistry Technology & Engineering, Chinese Language & Literature, etc.
4）Special Chinese training courses online and offline with excellent teachers and small class. Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced levels. Calligraphy, handcraft, series of Chinese culture lectures and Chinese culture experience, etc.
5. Scholarship Coverage
Full scholarship: Tuition, on-campus accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance, living subsidy (RMB 2,500 per month for undergraduate students; RMB 3,000 per month for master students; RMB 3,500 per month for PhD students; RMB 3,000 per month for general scholars or Chinese language training students; RMB 3,500 per month for advanced scholars )
Partial scholarship:A part or parts of Full scholarship.
6. Application Documents Needed
1) A scan copy of Passport (Pages with photo and visa)
2) A scan copy of notarized highest academic degree
3) A scan copy of notarized transcript for the highest academic degree
4) A scan copy of two reference letters (Master and PhD only)
5) Language proficiency proof
6) Research proposal (No Less Than 1,500 words, Master and PhD only)
7) Physical examination record (within 6 months)
8) Non-criminal record
10) Professional works
11) Other supporting documents (including awards and attended conferences)
Note: Application is completed online without hard copy documents.
7. Application Result
China Scholarship Council (CSC) will send the admission documents
(Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to the dispatching authorities or scholarship recipients.
8. Friendly Reminder
1) Scholarship winners are required to register on the prescribed date. Late arrival without prior approval automatically leads to program registration cancellation and disqualification for the scholarship.
2) Scholarship winners are subject to annual scholarship audit. An unsatisfactory audit result leads to termination of and disqualification for the scholarship.
3) Program of study and program length are not allowed to be changed in principle.