New students should apply for visa at Chinese Embassy/Consulate after receiving admission notice and visa application form and prepare for entry into China. Please provide original documents of passport and admission notice upon registration.
A. How to get to Wuxi city where Jiangnan University is located?
(1) If you arrive in Beijing,
(2) If you arrive in Shanghai Pudong International Airport,
a) Our School will offer new student free pick-up service one day before registration days at Shanghai or Wuxi Airport. Students should inform the International Students' Affairs Office of flight information (pick-up roster) seven days in advance by Email, so that we can pick up the students properly.
b) If you will arrive at our university on other dates and need pick-up, please inform us of arrival information (pick-up roaster) 7 days in advance by Email, and we can help arrange the pick-up. You will need to pay for the transportation fee on your own.
B. How to get to Jiangnan University when you arrive to Wuxi?
You can take a taxi or metro (get off at Changguangxi Station) and receive accommodation at Jiangnan University No.90 Building （淳苑留学生公寓）or Zhenshanlou Building（臻善楼）.
Our campus address is: No.1800 Lihu Avenue, Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province, P.R. China.
C. How to register after check in?
Students are requested to go to the International Students’ Affairs Office to regiser with original passport, Admission Notice, 4 photos and concerning fees. (Our office address: Room A 219, School of International Education).
D. Other expenses
(1) Student who will study in our university for more than six months will need to go to Administration for Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Examination in Wuxi city to perform body-examination. The expense for the full examination is about 400 RMB.
(2) Charge of Residence Permit: 400RMB－1000RMB/person, depending on Police Bureau’s regulations.
Self-supporting students should also submit following fees:
(3) Accommodation Fee: 1500 RMB/student/semester (excluding water, electricity and internet fee. The room standard is a single room with separate toilet, air-conditioner, water heater, TV, telephone, internet and full set of furniture). Dormitory room requires reservation.
(4) Comprehensive Insurance Plan for Foreigners Studying in
(5) Textbook Fees: about 300 RMB/student/semester.