1. About Visa
No matter what kind of visa, the holder should declare the residency at local police station within 24 hours after entering the country. If you are living in the assigned dormitory, our university will declare for you. Without accommodation declaration students will be fined by police.
Students should apply for X1 or X2 visas in Chinese Embassy or Consulate after receiving the “Notice for Admission” and JW201 or JW202 Form.
The student with X1 visa must register in university and handle the visa change or extension within 30 days after entering the country, otherwise the students will be considered an unlawful settler and will be fined.
Documents for visa change or extension include:
a. Visa and Residence Permit Application Form
b. Original passport, and copies of passport photo page, visa page, entrance stamp
c. Copy of Admission Notice
d. Copy of JW201/202 form
e. University official letter
f. Accommodation certificate
g. Copy of University Organization Code Certificate
h. Copy of Health Certificate issued by Wuxi Entry and Exit Quarantine and Inspection Bureau (for students staying more than 6 months)
i. Photo (taken in Exit- Entry Administration Office)
j. Visa fee 400-800 CNY
k. Students should go to Exit- Entry Administration Office for visa change or extension
After completing visa change or extension, please take the duplicated copy of new visa/residence permit page to International Students’ Affairs Office and the dormitory office. (If you live off-campus, please report your new visa/residence permit to a local police station within 24 hours after picking up passport with new visa/residence permit.)
The process of handling visa change/extension:
1) Take the required documents from International Students Affairs Office and go to the Exit- Entry Administration Office of Public Security Bureau immediately.
2) Pay the fees (about 20 RMB) for photo at the fifth counter (first floor) of Exit- Entry Administration Office of Public Security Bureau.
3) Handle the visa change/extension at second floor (Take the order number and wait for a while).
4) Pay the visa fees (you can use bank card or pay cash at the Chongning Branch of Bank of China).
Exit-Entry Administration Office of Wuxi Public Security Bureau
Address: No.56, Chongning Road, Wuxi
2. Medical Check
Students who study for more than six months should prepare International Tour Health Examination Certification or Foreigner Physical Inspection Record Certificate issued by Wuxi Entry and Exit Quarantine and Inspection Bureau.
When performing the medical check you will need:
1) Original passport, copies of passport photo page and visa page
2) One 2 inch photo
3) Don’t eat anything beforehand
1) The expense for all the health examination is about 400 RMB.
2) The accurate amount is subject to the charging standards of the Wuxi Entry and Exit Quarantine and Inspection Bureau.
Wuxi Entry and Exit Quarantine and Inspection Bureau
Address: No.10 Huaxiazhonglu, Dongting, Xishan, Wuxi
Tel: 86-510- 82727525, 88700088